Tuesday 30 October 2007

Onward and Upward

Well, this is going to be my last post for a short while.

As many of you know, a new baby is due to come into my life any day now. This marks a turning point for me in many ways. A new life is beginning, and I'm about to enter a new phase of my own life. This has made me think a lot about what I'm doing and where I'm heading, but more about that later.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to upgrade my blog. I'm finding that Blogger has outlived its usefulness for me. I need a lot more flexibility and some more powerful features for what I want to do. When I return I'll still be blogging at jjprojects.net, so please stay tuned for developments. I'll be archiving this blog when I make the change.

I'll let you know when I'm about to kick things off again, it shouldn't be too long. I'll certainly be maintaining existing posts here in the meantime, if any of you would like to leave responses to existing posts. I will still read them and contribute.

During my blogging hiatus you will still find me twittering, facebooking, flickring, SLing...

Thanks for your patience and I'll be back bigger and better soon enough.

jj

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby! That is an exciting change.

Mine entered college this fall & that was A change, so savor all the moments that you can. It will fly by!

And I look forward to your new blog.
Connie
www.conniebensen.com

Anonymous said...

John, I'm looking forward to hearing news of the baby's arrival via Twitter (AFTER the fact, not in the delivery room :) and seeing photos on Flickr. Good luck w/ the blog platform transition and all the best to you and mom and baby.

jj said...

Hey thanks for the kind words Connies.

Yep, I'll try not to twitter in the delivery room. Actually, they don't allow phones in the hospital, so it'll have to wait.

You can be sure that I will twitter and flickr about it though :)

kelly said...

congratulations and good luck!

Anonymous said...

yes, JJ, all the best and be there for the missus. dont take Mr. Scoble as your model, iPhoning and twittering all the way through his wife's labour...not even in the hallway :-)

Matt Freer said...

Good luck mate,
Exciting times!

Unknown said...


It is fantastic post!!!Thank you
do you have small business network in New york?
list your business in amlooking4 to get more visibility and audience in your city
sign up @ amlooking4.com