According to a blog survey conducted by ProBlogger Darren Rowse, these are the top 10 reasons people unsubscribe from RSS Feeds:
- Too many posts (the post levels are too overwhelming)
- Infrequent Posting (or the blog is effectively dead)
- Partial Excerpts Feeds
- Blog Changes Focus (too much off topic posting)
- Too many posts that I see elsewhere (Redundant, Repeated or Recycled News)
- Uninteresting Content
- Irrelevant Content
- The Blogger’s Ego - Too much self promotion
- Low Quality Content
- Too many posts that are too long
Let's see, how am I doing so far? I don't usually post every day, but I do try to post regularly (time permitting). I try to keep posts relevant, but sometimes I do get sidetracked. Maybe I do tend to post too much from elsewhere, including this very post.
I hope my content is interesting to my intended audience. I do try not to have an ego or too much self-promotion (but please don't forget to check out my video blog, flickr photos, Twiiter moblog and LinkedIn profile). I think I'm doing a fantastic job really. Oops, I'd better stop now before this post becomes too long, like the last one.
How are you doing with your, or your clients' blogs?