Sunday 22 April 2007

Top 10 Reasons People Unsubscribe

According to a blog survey conducted by ProBlogger Darren Rowse, these are the top 10 reasons people unsubscribe from RSS Feeds:

  1. Too many posts (the post levels are too overwhelming)
  2. Infrequent Posting (or the blog is effectively dead)
  3. Partial Excerpts Feeds
  4. Blog Changes Focus (too much off topic posting)
  5. Too many posts that I see elsewhere (Redundant, Repeated or Recycled News)
  6. Uninteresting Content
  7. Irrelevant Content
  8. The Blogger’s Ego - Too much self promotion
  9. Low Quality Content
  10. Too many posts that are too long

Let's see, how am I doing so far? I don't usually post every day, but I do try to post regularly (time permitting). I try to keep posts relevant, but sometimes I do get sidetracked. Maybe I do tend to post too much from elsewhere, including this very post.

I hope my content is interesting to my intended audience. I do try not to have an ego or too much self-promotion (but please don't forget to check out my video blog, flickr photos, Twiiter moblog and LinkedIn profile). I think I'm doing a fantastic job really. Oops, I'd better stop now before this post becomes too long, like the last one.

How are you doing with your, or your clients' blogs?

5 comments:

Twenty Clams said...

so true so true. although shameless self promotion of the honest whimsical kind has got me some pretty crazy career opportunities. i think you gotta brag about uniqueness, the moment it sounds like something vaguely familiar people think it's twatty. ah, to find a balance to score punters at my next gig...

Lilah said...

That's one of my pet peeves - when the RSS feed is a excerpt, not the full post! It really bugs me, if I want to go to their site I will, but if I want to use my RSS reader, then let me! Grr!!

:)

jj said...

Yep, I agree with you both :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of information to us.

Roku Phone Number